Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, February 4, 2008

What a productive weekend!

I must say we have had one of the most productive weekends in a LONG while. Friday night we got home and started cleaning...it had been a while since we did a good cleaning! I worked on the kitchen and living room while Lex organized her bathroom cabinets! We worked till about 8:30 and then took a break for the night. Saturday we got up and finished the house. Well I finished the house and she conquered her bedroom. Lex has the tendancy to start playing with her toys she's supposed to be cleaning up but hey isn't that what most 6 year olds would do! So of course it took her a lot longer than it should of. After we got the house clean, we tackled the backyard! Since we had the ice storm (yes almost a month ago) I had yet to clean up all the small sticks and leaves on my patio and plus we needed to clean up the yard from the dog. (Why did I get one again?) So even though it was supposed to be Lexi's job to take care of picking up after the dog, I took care of that while she raked up the leaves. I must have about 20 or more divets in my yard now....wonder what it will look like in the spring! So we get the yard all nice and picked up and then what does the dog do....but run through some mud and come barrelling into the house tracking all sorts of dirt and grass in! GRRRR!!!! And then later knocks over a pot of dirt outside by the back door and gets dirt all over the patio!! GRRRR!!! That is one of the "joys" of having a pup right?!?! Then we had another probelm.....during one of my loads of laundry, my washer stops in the middle of the rinse cycle and won't start back up. I'm going to have to have someone come look at it....luckily I was almost done with the laundry!!!
That night, I had planned on having some friends come over but decided to just wait till next weekend when I have my wii (yes I bought a wii and can't wait for it to get here) and relax and enjoy my clean house!
Then Sunday rolls around. We got up and went to church with Chrissy (yes we are getting back into going...). Lexi really enjoyed Sunday school. They have a great children's ministry at Asbury! Lex said she can't wait to go next weekend! :) Afterwards, we all made a trek to the grocery store as I needed to get the stuff to make Clarissa and Jeremy's dinner. They had a beautiful little girl, Effie Ann, on Thursday and all the girls are taking turns making them dinner for the next week. Here's some pics of the beautiful lil girl......
So back to my story.....we get home and ate some lunch and then I made them Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice casserole and a Chocolate Berry Cheesecake. After I was done, we went over and brought it to them....I have to say I think I only did it as an in to see the baby....shhh!! LOL!! Lexi was upset though because I told her she couldn't come in to see the baby as she has a bit of a cough and I didn't want Effie to get sick. I did bring her outside so Lex could see her. After our visit, we ran home and picked up the dog for our second week of dog training. We were already a step ahead of the class as we have already mastered the sit and lay down command! It was still a good class as we did some leash walking....still need lots of work with that! When we were finished with class, we went to Ryan's to watch a great Super Bowl game!!! I'm so happy the Giants won!!! Plus I won third place in our brackets!!! Woo hoo!!! I must say the best commercials were the baby ones for E-Trade. Go to http://sports.aol.com/nfl/superbowlads for all the commercials....third quarter baby and baby II are my faves. I also like the Justin Timberlake one, the Rocky one, the horse race and the headlights! Check em out!
So that was our weekend!!!! Next weekend will be less work and more play...wii play that is!!!!

5 comments:

Rolanda said...

I heard we missed you at church Sunday. I worked Saturday and Sunday, plus Jordan had been sick with the virus that is going around and missed 3 days of school. The cough was still pretty annoying. I am so glad Lexi liked SS and wants to go back. She will love it and they have so many things for the kids to do. And she will make many new friends. Love ya. Rolanda

Chrissy said...

Washer? check! Toilet? check! What else needs to be fixed or worked on? Garage? oops! cat's out of the bag! I guess you still have work to do this weekend. Hopefully it will be nice weather! And if your nice to me I may come and help clean that garage. We will need a truck to take some stuff to Goodwill, Mikey? Please, can we borrow your truck? Oh, of course!!! (yes, I talk to myself alot and answer my own questions to Mikey!! It's called creativity!)

Chrissy said...

As soon as you start feeling better....get some more posts on her. It is the 13th of the month and there is only one post. Well maybe you will have one for Valentine's Day!

Jen said...

Where are you Steph & Lexi?? Please blog soon. Lexi has probably grown 2 inches since your last blog. :)

Chrissy said...

um...did you 2 fall of the planet? Where are the blogs woman?