So it's that time again....football season, which equates to cheer season for me. I have decided to go ahead and be the cheer sponsor again this year (hey why not add a few more things to the plate!!!) I did have a lot of fun last year and definitely learned what NOT to do!!! LOL!!! But the only issue this year is I don't have a co-sponsor so I'm on my own! Lord help me!! I don't think though it will be that bad....I only have 5 girls on the squad compared to the eight last year and four of them are returning from last year so really only one new one. Another nice thing is we have two coaches this year so that will be helpful. But this time they are actually on the eighth grade squad (ours last year had a knee injury and couldn't be on a squad) and have their own practices and games. Well after much discussion we have decided on Wednesday practices and then we'll have our games on Thursdays. That's another thing that changed....I guess there were not enough moms volunteering to be sponsors so we are a squad short and so won't have a designated football team to cheer for. Instead we got to pick a night and we rotate early and late games as well as home and away, so one week we're the Cowboys and the next we're the Giants! It's nice to know that every Thursday is our game and not back and forth between Tuesdays and Thursdays.So the second to last week of July, we had our cheer camp. We were so excited, they get to do stunts!!! It's only a knee pyramid but we are still excited. They decided that since they have to do them starting in 5th grade, it was a good idea to start them slowly now. Here are some pics from camp....
Look forward to more pics from our 2008 season!!!!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment