So just over a year ago, my company was bought out by Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Well although they said it would be a while before any changes were made, they decided it was best to move my department as well as some others to St. Louis where their headquarters are. They offered me a position there and at first I accepted it. Well then I decide to try and list my house, well they wanted to list it at or below what I owe on it and plus there were at least 16 others in my neighborhood listed at the time. No bueno!!! So I have to really decide.....it was a tough choice but I still believe I made the right one. There were a lot of factors that went in to my decision....first, after two years of living in this house, Lexi had finally made some friends with the neighbors (before there just weren't any little girls living around us), second, she had started getting involved at church and really enjoyed the Sunday School. Third and most importantly, I realized that if I went, I wouldn't have the help I do here. For example, I had to go to St. Louis at one time to "check it out" and Chrissy watched Lexi for me.....not only did she watch her but took care of her as she ended up coming down with the flu. And anytime I have something going on, I can call her or some of my other friends to help out. I just didn't feel I could rely on my coworkers like that. So I decided it was best for me to stay even though I didn't have something else lined up. SCARY!!!!
Well the sad thing was my boyfriend, Ryan, who works with me, wasn't about to stay here unless he had something lined up. So now he's in St. Louis, been there for just over a week. We went to visit him this last weekend but I'll post that stuff later!
Anyway, I've been looking hard for a job and luckily got my end date extended till September 30th but will take a job if I find one sooner!!! I have an interview tomorrow so wish me luck!!!
Oh and another thing this whole ordeal has presented me with is going back to school. I decided I want to get my CPA. At first, I thought about going to NSU-BA here and taking some night classes to get the accounting hours I need to take my CPA (30 hours needed and I have 6 already=24 hours). If I did that, it would take me almost 3 years to take them as I could only take one class a semester so not to interfere with all of Lexi's activities. Then I came across a thing online about TU offering a completely online Master's program in Taxation. I could have it completed in as little as 18 months. I have decided this is what I want to do.....not only walk away with my CPA (hopefully) but also come away with a Masters vs another Bachelors. The only problem with this, is it will cost probably 5 times what it would to go to NSU-BA....I figure though it's totally worth it!!! But hey if you want to contribute to the Stephanie education fund please let me know!!! :)
So right now it's study hard for that GMAT so I can get in and hopefully even get a scholarship!!!!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
We are really happy to see you stay. It just wouldn't be the same without you guys. Glad you are blogging again.
Post a Comment