Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Butterfly House

Since Lexi was out of camp and school had yet to start, we went to St. Louis for a few days to see Ryan. We left Wednesday the 6th and came back on Sunday the 10th. I did have to spend half of each day working since I really only had 12 hours of vacation left. :(

Well I had the whole time we were there planned out but we kinda deviated from that. On Thursday, instead of going to the museum and arch, we went school clothes shopping and got pedicures. I know, I know, I should have taken her to see those things but we didn't have much time before school started and needed to get it done. And plus I figure Ryan will be in St. Louis for at least a year so I'm sure she will come to visit with me again and I promise to take her then! Gah!!! LOL!!!!

On Friday, though, we went to the Butterfly House. That was the one and only place she really wanted to go. I had told her about it when we were thinking of moving there and that's all she wanted to do! It was really cool though! You go into this conservatory that is about 100 degrees and they have over 1500 butterflies flying all over. They just swoop right in your face as you're walking. Lexi had one land on her eye. It was really neat! The blue one in the pic was pretty crazy....that species I noticed kept bugging any other butterfly that was resting. It would poke at the other until it finally flew away and then it would chase it. It was pretty funny! Here are some pics.....




Notice the butterfly in the trees in the picture below....


I just love this tree. It's called a Japanese Lantern. So pretty!





No comments: