Needless to say this holiday season was the craziest yet. Lexi was with her dad in Enid from December 19th through the 26th, so I went down to Dallas to spend Christmas with Ryan and his family. I rented a car and drove down there on December 23rd. He was late flying in from St. Louis so I got to drive around the Dallas area and kill some time. I picked him up and we went to his cousin's house for a family Christmas party. It was a great time, full of meeting everyone and then being quizzed on who was who and how were they related....I think I passed! LOL!!! The next day we did Christmas and his brother, Jason's house. Jason and his wife, Emily, hosted us, Norma and Robert (his parents), Aunt Donna, Becky and Doc (Emily's mom and step-dad). It was Jason and Emily's son, Travis' first Christmas and like any typical child, he was spoiled rotten!!! Here are some pics from that...


On Christmas day, we went to Ryan's grandmother's house to celebrate with her and others from his family. The following day, Ryan left early, early in the morning to fly back to St. Louis since he had to work that day. I left later and drove back to Tulsa to pick up Lexi. From there we continued on to St. Louis. Once we got there, Ryan showed her a picture of her present from him that was back in Tulsa.

She was so excited being that was exactly what she wanted....a blue bike!!!!
The following day, Lexi and I headed up to Columbus, OH to see Nana. We are looking at 20 hours of driving so far and 6 states, but who's counting right?!? Thank God for books on CD! Once we got there, we had dinner and then did our Christmas with her and Ed. Santa brought Lexi's other big gift she had asked for...the Nintendo DS. Needless to say, the child was spoiled and we still had more from Grandpa and Grammy back home! Here are some pics
from that...
The following day, we drove up to Toledo, OH about 3 hours away to see some family. My Aunt Sharon was diagnosed with leukemia and had chosen not seek any further treatment and so was told that she only had one to three months to live. The family got together and through her a "surprise" 50th birthday party since her birthday was later in January and at that point they did not think she would make it to that time. We were able to get one last picture of all the siblings together. Sharon Monday passed away on January 5th. Here is the pic....

On Monday, December 29th, we went by to visit my grandparents. My grandmother was in the hospital, and if you know her, this is nothing surprising. She behaved herself that day, lucky for me. After our visit, we went back to see my aunt and then head back to Columbus. That evening we went to see the Christmas lights at the zoo. Here are some pics from that....





We had a great time that night and for the rest of the weekend for that matter!! On Saturday morning, Lexi flew into St. Louis. I went to pick her up, then we went and had breakfast with Ryan. After that, we went back to the apartment to get my stuff and head back to Tulsa. We made it back around 6 that night...finally after 38 hours total of driving!!! But as I said, thank God for books on CD. Once we got home, we opened the last of the presents from Phoenix.....Grandpa, Grammy, Aunt Jamie, and Aunt Randi. Here are som
e pics....



Even Shelby enjoyed her new toys....

No comments:
Post a Comment