Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 22, 2009

One more week down....

So I completed my second week of weight watchers and lost another 2.6 lbs. for a total of 5.9 lbs. This week was definitely not as bad as the first. I'm really not that hungry anymore and have gotten used to eating the smaller portions!! If you know me at all, you know I love to eat and can normally eat more than most but I guess my stomach has shrank and I get fuller a lot sooner! Woo hoo!!! I feel great and have so much more energy than I used to. I've been working out almost every day right after work on my wii. The only problem with that is then I'm wired for the rest of the night and can't seem to get tired till really late. I wish I could motivate myself to get up earlier and work out then but I'm really just not a morning person! :)

Also I'm into my second week of class and I'm beginning to wonder what I got myself into and this week is not nearly as bad as what it will be. I only have reading and then a quiz this week but after this it's a project practically every two weeks for a total of 6 projects in all and then another 10 quizzes. I'm going to be swamped!!! I just have to keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it in the end when I'm a CPA making the big bucks!!! :)

As for Lexi, she's doing great. She started reading tutoring this week. Her teacher wants to make sure that she'll be ready for third grade next year. We've also been working a lot on it at home. At bed time, she reads me two books and then I read her a chapter from our current novel, Judy Moody, MD. This is, I believe, the 5th or 6th one in the series and we have two more after this. As well as our bedtime reading, we have quiet time after dinner a couple nights a week where she reads to herself and I study. It's very nice...sometimes we never even turn on the TV during the evening at all. She also has started basketball, which I believe I mentioned before, and is doing great. I promise to get the pics out within the next week. I will also post her schedule then, but in the meantime if you want to come, just email or call me and I'll get you her schedule! I know she loves having people come watch besides good 'ole mom!!!

Until next time.....

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Way to go Steph! Keep up the great work! I am so proud of the good studying habits you are teaching Lex! Wow, that's impressive.

Stephanie said...

Thanks! I appreciate that!

Missy said...

Hang in there! All this work for weight loss and for your CPA will be worth it! You'll be a healthier money making machine :o)
Love you!